Christmas. One of my favorite times of year. The feel of the season, spending time with family, incredible food and the birth of our lord, Jesus. All good things that bring joy to all.
We just finished our Christmas morning together, Craig, Makena and I. I cherish these mornings. Sweet sleepiness combined with overwhelming excitement of the day and the curiosity of what Santa brought and put under the tree. I always loved Christmas morning as a child, there is truly nothing better when you are young. Now, the joy and excitement is a different kind that comes from watching my daughter open her Christmas gifts and smile as she discovers what is in each wrapped package. Different, but just as exciting as being a child.
This morning was no exception. It was beautiful to wake up with those I love and hurry to the tree. Later, after all had been torn open, wrapping paper strewn all over the room, new toys and clothes ready to be loved, and then everything cleaned up...I sat rocking my sleepy girl and looking at my sweet hubby and finding myself thanking God for the amazing life he has provided for us. I truly feel so blessed and fulfilled.
I am so excited to share that this Christmas is even more special than usual as we get to announce to our families and friends that we have received an extra special Christmas gift as a family. We are having a baby!!!! She/he is due July 10th and we feel overwhelmed with joy. What a precious gift from God.
As many of our friends and family know, we struggled with a miscarriage in June (on Father's day to make it even worse) and so this pregnancy feels like such a wonderful miracle. It was during that difficult time we were reminded to lean on eachother during the hard times and to trust that God has a plan and knows what is best for our life. We have grown stronger as a family and feel really ready and overjoyed to welcome our new addition. Makena is excited to be a big sister and enjoys patting my tummy and saying "hi Baby!"
As I sit in the quiet now after the hustle and bustle of Christmas prep and the joy of the morning, I keep imagining what next year will be like. I cannot wait to meet this new little one in July and watch Makena as a big sister...and of course, Craig as a Daddy again. We are all so overjoyed! Thanks to all of our friends and family who have kept us in our prayers before and during this pregnancy. We are so happy! Lots of love!
This was our ultrasound at 6 weeks (we are now almost 12 weeks) and will have another done in a few days.

No comments:
Post a Comment